Explore the culture and scenery of the Arctic north with an ‘Incredible Iceland’ break.
Akureyri is Iceland’s second largest city and it is still something of a hidden gem where you can enjoy Icelandic culture, heritage and cuisine in the city’s museums, restaurants, shops and bars, all the while surrounded by stunning Arctic scenery.
- The Lake Myvatn Adventure – Land of Ice and Fire. A full day adventure led by an experienced local guide visiting some of the best natural wonders in Northern Iceland. Highlights include the mythical Godafoss Waterfall, the boiling mudpools of Namafjall and a stop at Vogafjos working farm. There is also the opportunity to visit Myvatn Nature Baths – the Blue Lagoon of the North or take part in a Snowmobiling Experience (extra charge applies).
- Search for the Northern Lights – a four hour tour on your night of arrival. Being just 60 miles from the Arctic Circle, Akureyri is one of the best places in Iceland to view the famous Aurora Borealis. Watch the incredible displays of light dance across the night sky, one of earths true natural wonders.
- Add extra excursions to your Incredible Iceland break. Spot whales and seals in the Eyjafjörður fjord, visit the Bjorbodin beer spa or explore the local cuisine with an Akureyri Food Walk.
‘Incredible Iceland’ includes:
- Return Flights
- Airport Transfers
- 20kgs Hold Luggage and 5kgs Hand Luggage
- 3 or 4 nights accommodation in 3* or 4* hotel in Akureyri
- Two included excursions – Search for the Northern Lights and Lake Myvatn Adventure – Land of Fire and Ice (Worth £200pp)
- Services of a Super Break representative in North Iceland
Book with ( S U P E R B R E A K )
Exeter Airport’s managing director Matt Roach says: “This is a fantastic opportunity to visit Iceland and we are very pleased that Super Break’s has chosen to offer the convenience of departing from Exeter. We know that this short break will appeal to many people in the South West who want to sample the delights of the natural phenomena and splendour of this part of the world.”
Superbreak’s Head of Propositions Chris Hagan added: “We are delighted to be working with Exeter Airport to deliver this brand new departure to North Iceland as part of Super Break’s first ever charter programme. Super Break are the only UK operator with a flying programme to Akureyri and the flight will provide the opportunity for the people of the South West to experience what is one of the most magical winter destinations. Breaks are on sale now and demand is expected to be high therefore we recommend customers secure their place as soon as possible.”