Finance Assistant (Sales Ledger)
Are you looking for a new challenge that could open the door to a career in finance? Are you highly organised and have excellent attention to detail? If you’re thinking, yes, then this could be the perfect role to ignite your new career in the world of finance.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge. Whilst experience in finance would be valuable, we are open to training the right person both on the job and with study support for qualifications if required.
You’ll be supporting our Management Accountant and Financial Controller in running the Accounts Receivable function for the company, with a key focus on accurately raising invoices and collecting debt of credit and non-credit customers, along with monitoring customer credit limits.
Principal Sales Ledger Duties:
- Produce sales invoices to customers for all revenue streams in line with agreed timescales, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Promptly resolve customer queries.
- At least annually, credit check customers in line with the company credit policy and apply suitable credit terms as agreed with line management.
- Prepare & execute the collection of customer direct debits.
- Obtain the prompt payment of sales invoices through the production of monthly customer statements and the polite but effective communication with customers via telephone, email & letter.
- Maintain accurate records of all debt collection activity within the financial software. Ensure the sales ledger data is kept up to date at all times with the most accurate information.
- Undertake month-end duties as requested by line management. For example. this may include sales ledger cut-off, regular income accruals, updating flight stats and income reports.
- Undertake ad hoc tasks as required from time to time to assist in the general functioning of the department.
If you are interested and would like further information please send your CV to [email protected]