Finance Assistant Credit Control vacancy
Are you looking for a new challenge that could open the door to a career in finance? Are you highly organised, like problem solving and good IT skills? Are you confident on the telephone and not afraid to have difficult conversations with a customer? Do you like building relationships, have strong telephone customer service or good with verbal communication?
If you’re thinking, yes, then this could be the perfect role to ignite your new career in the world of finance.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking for a new challenge. Whilst experience in finance would be valuable, we are open to training the right person both on the job and with study support for qualifications if required.
You’ll be supporting our Management Accountant and Financial Controller in running the Credit Control function for the company, with a key focus on collecting debt, using an ERP to ensure processes are correctly followed, manipulate data sets using Excel to ensure that the billing process is working effectively.
The role responsibilities include:
- Obtain the prompt payment of sales invoices through the production of monthly customer statements and the polite but effective communication with customers via telephone, email & letter.
- Establish a good customer rapport through regular customer contact.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose action to avert indebtedness.
- Handle disputed invoices swiftly to obtain payment within agreed terms.
- Banking cash receipts and maintaining cash receipt records.
- Renegotiate payments terms, if required and as agreed by line management. Initiate formal collection processes including legal proceeding in collaboration with senior management.
- Maintain accurate records of all debt collection activity within the financial software. Ensure the sales ledger data is kept up to date at all times with the most accurate information. Undertake regular account reconciliations.
- Undertake other finance tasks as required from time to time to assist in the general functioning of the department.
If you are interested and would like further information please send your CV to [email protected]